Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tracking--or not!


Well I've taken Jojo tracking exactly once, in my front yard.
I started at the bottom of the stairs to my porch and instead of going in a straight line, I curved out to the public right of way and ended in my neighbors yard. I used freeze dried lamb lung on the track. It wasn't the best or longest track, but Jojo did follow it. He did not eat all the food, he passed over quite a bit of it. He got a bit distracted by passing cars, and at one point he was facing me and backing down the track. Overall he did okay, I really need to make time to take him to the park and really lay a track.
I've been practicing Scent Discrimination with him inside, I'm not sure if that will help our tracking. But . . .
I've discovered that AKC now has Trick dog titles!
And I've gotten a little distracted by working with my oldest dog, Missy on practicing our tricks. she knows quite a few tricks and would zip right through the titles.

No comments: