Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A new year a new . . .

It seems I start blogging and then as the year goes by, I forget. Oops.
Well as I last left off, Quinn and I were practicing Novice Obedience, and having issues. We went in to the ring several times and we did indeed earn his PCD!

He wasn't High in trial, but he did qualify at least three times. He was more distracted than he has been in the past, but overall he did a nice job. He didn't leave the ring and did what he was supposed to. I nq'd us once by saying "Finish" before the judge called it.
On his last leg, I set him up for the recall, and then called when the judge signaled, Quinn was watching the dog in the next ring. He looked back at me and just sat there staring at me.  I didn't say anything. I figured at some point the judge would say "Exercise Finished" and we'd be done.  But then I could see the light bulb go on above Quinn's head and he got up and raced to me.  What a good dog.  That was it, our title!

I had planned on continuing on with him and try for his PCDX and we might still, but he's now 10 and a little arthritic, I practiced a little of Open with him and then gave him the rest of the year off. We'll see where it goes.

I am planning on trying Tracking with Jojo, I'm hoping if I begin blogging it might keep me honest about practicing. So this year my goal is a TD with Jojo, let's see what happens!

No comments: