Saturday, May 6, 2017

Sidetracked!

I have a lot of reasons (okay, excuses) why I haven't done more tracking with Jojo.
But in the mean time, I borrowed a friends dog and have been practicing and competing with her.
This is Mara
She's a seven year old Belgian Malinois. Her Mom trains her in Obedience and Agility.  I pet sit with her when her owners are out of town.
I love working with her she's smart, quick, and happy.  She's also very stable,she appears a little wild, but she's not reactive.
Since I like to compete, and Marilyn does not. I asked if I could try her out in Novice. 
At the Seward, NE trial in April, we took 4th place in Novice B on Saturday and 3rd place in Novice B on Sunday.
It's definitely a learning experience. She does not need any cheer leading. She's pumped at all times. She loves to work, but her Mom doesn't train for the details. The straight sits, the straight fronts, and the perfect heeling haven't been on her radar. She wants and obedient dog who has her brain and body tired out.
So I've been practicing with her. Working on the details, I don't expect to earn an OTCH with her, but I'd like to polish her up a little. And it is fun to be back in the ring with a dog that I trust not to run out after another dog.  She has no interest in leaving the ring, she just wants to work.
Here's our second day in the ring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0fQdJGy3s

No comments: