Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Poor Quinn

I've been practicing Scent Discrimination with him. I moved the set up into the living room (from the dining room) to give him a new location to try it. He seems to be getting the idea, I can't do many repetitions, if I try to do it more than two or three times or he starts to just grab articles. I wonder if he gets bored or he's being lazy. Hmm, I'll have to think on that.
I took him to the club on Thursday evening. When I got there, we were alone. We went inside and we practiced some heeling and retrieves, drops, etc. A person was there with out their dog. He showed interest, but didn't bark at her. While we were in the smaller ring, located partially behind the bathroom, someone brought their dog in. Her dog was very barky. Quinn barked once or twice at her dog, I did correct him and then moved further away from the ring gate. She moved past us into another ring. Quinn then began barking at me, it wasn't the growly, aggressive bark at the other dog. He was looking right at me and barking. I covered his eyes, which is what I'd do for any other dog (you can see or bark). He did stop barking after a bit, then we went out to the car.
Unfortunately he and Jojo got into an argument, they were running outside and crashed into each other, that sparked actual bites. Jojo has a puncture wound on the top of his muzzle. Quinn ended up with four stitches in his ear! I've been keeping him quiet, I'll be meeting with my trainer on Friday.

No comments: