Thursday, April 10, 2008

Training at home

I went to class last week, but this week I missed. I've been working with Quinn on stays, in particular distance rather than time. I also have worked a little on teaching him to move his butt to the left (his left). He has a nice move to the right, he'll move laterally with me, but he has a tendency to move too far to the right and has difficulty moving to the left. So we'll do that twice as much.
Missy is my demo dog for the new Intermediate class, I told the students that she needs the class as much, if not more than their dogs! In that class we're really focusing on distraction proofing and teaching the dogs to focus on the owner. Two of the dogs really don't seem to care if their owners are around. So we'll do a lot of recalls and work on responsible heeling.

No comments: