Thursday, January 31, 2008

Quinn's class

I took Quinn to class tonight. He hasn't been out in a while, and I didn't feel up to taking two dogs. Class started okay, he was heeling fine and I was calling class so we worked on attention around other dogs.
I was very pleased Lucy was there as well as Osa, two dogs Quinn feels are 'out of control'. He has a tendency to bark and growl at them.
We did stand for exams, and he did great, Georgette came over and touched him, he didn't move at all. A very good boy. I then had a gentleman watching hold his leash while I did exams for the other dogs. He did very well, and asked for some attention then just stood and watched me.

As class progressed, I started feeling ill. As my health went downhill, Quinn's behavior went downhill as well. Barking and growling, lunging at the dogs he felt were dangerous.

I had to sit down, I thought I was going to pass out. Quinn sat in front of me and just growled at anyone who came near. Obviously he knew something was wrong and he had to protect me. I put him out in the car and sat there until I felt better.

I'm very proud of Quinn and the fact he did so well in the beginning of the class.

No comments: