Sunday, January 20, 2008

A New Year

Okay so it's been almost a full year since I last posted. The point of the blog was to keep me focused on my goals and to actually encourage me to train my dogs. Well I have been training my dogs, but I did get a little lost on the goal part, and I forgot to post to the blog!
The one goal I have acheived is Quinn is almost ready to go into the ring. I'm sending off his ILP application to the AKC today. He still is a little shaky on his stays, but he's doing much better and I hope to compete in the Seward County Kennel Club trial at the end of April.
Missy's goal of earning her NA and NAJ got sidetracked. I've still been working with her on Agility, but I postponed her Agility debut to get her RN instead. RN stands for Rally Novice title. It's an obedience title that kind of combines Agility and Obedience. I'm starting on retraining her weaves using the Susan Garrett 2x2 model.
Danny, my third dog (who I didn't have a goal for) actually earned his RN in July and I hope to get his TD in the next year.
Let's see if I can keep on track this year.

No comments: